We started multiple large, complex projects at once for BC Ferries, knowing we would be managing a tight schedule to meet their short completion date. In addition to installing the On-board Sewage treatment plant, they also needed extensive deck plate renewal, rubbing strake repair, and ship structural steel replacement.
To coordinate the projects and gain efficiencies of scale, we:
- Fabricated and tested Stainless steel tanks and piping at our facility
- Expedited tank sand blasting, repair, and re-coating
- Accessed additional crews for emergency projects and overtime work, including our own Safety, EMT and crane teams
- Managed the projects on-site and in multiple locations to coordinate resources, address issues and resolve problems immediately
- Assisted with updating the CAD drawings following the vessels' repairs
- Coordinated safety procedures, training and reporting
- Deferred some of the repairs to another location, at the client's request.